Picnic at Tower Picnic Grounds and After-Party at Gordon Biersch and Nightclub
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Update: The payment due date has been extended to August 31, and an optional dinner package including two hours of beverages has been added!
A fun filled day packed with activities, prizes, music, food, drinks, and best of all…good friends.
Our reunion event is an all day festival, starting at 12pm till 5pm at Tower Picnic Grounds and then on to Gordon Biersch for more food and fun from 7pm till 9pm. Music at Gordon Biersch starts at 9:00pm and then off to the dance floor at a nearby nightclub.
Tower Picnic: This is an exclusive group picnic grounds reserved for our 20th reunion event.
- Includes: Chips and Salsa appetizer, then lunch: 1/4 Chicken, BBQ Beef Ribs, or Garden Burgers, Mild Chili or Vegetarian Beans, Tossed Green Salad, Watermelon, Garlic Bread, and Ice Cream. Sodas, water, beer and wine included. Hot dogs will be served for children.
- Activities: Swimming Pool, Sand Volleyball, Jump House, Horseshoes and Basketball area. Children will be treated to 2 hours of Crafts and an organized Tug of War, Sack Races and a Balloon Toss.
- Address: Tower Picnic Grounds, 2887 McLaughlin Ave., San Jose
Gordon Biersch: Brewery and Restaurant located in downtown San Jose.
- Includes: Appetizers will be provided for our after picnic cocktail party in the Pilsner Room located behind the patio.. Beverages will be cash and carry for each person to handle on their own.
- Optional: Dinner and two hours of unlimited beverages:
- Caesar Salad with Reggiano Croutons
- Choice of Entrees
- Gordon Biersch 10 oz Cheese Burger cooked medium well and served with Garlic Fries
- Linguine Marinara with Fresh Mozzarella, Marinara Sauce and Parmesan Cheese
- Sweet and Spicy Cashew Chicken Stir Fry with Asian Vegetables and Jasmine Rice
- Gordon Biersch Lagers: Pilsner, Marzen, Schwarzbier, Blonde Bock, Hefeweizen, Seasonal
- House Chardonnay & Merlot
- Coffee, Soft Drinks, Lemonade and Iced Tea
- **Menu selections subject to change.
- Address: Gordon Biersch, 33 E. San Fernando St., San Jose
Nightclub: Around 10 to 10:30pm, we'll walk from Gordon Biersch to a nightclub. Toons or VooDoo Lounge are prime candidates, being only a block from GB's and a block and a half from the Fairmont Hotel.
Hotel: Whether you are local or flying in from out of town, you might want to consider reserving a hotel room in advance. A block of 10 rooms has been established just for our group at a special rate at the Fairmont, which is a half-block short walk from Gordon Biersch.
- Hotel: The Fairmont San Jose
- Location: 170 South Market St.
- Web site: http://www.fairmont.com/sanjose/
- Reservations Phone: 1-800-346-5550
- Block Name: "Del Mar High School Room Block"
- Dates: Friday, Sept 7 and Saturday Sept 8 (you don't have to stay both nights)
- Special Rate: $149/night plus taxes/fees/parking
- Offer Expires: August 24. After this date, rates quoted are subject to occupancy and availability of rooms. Hotels typically quote rack rates (which can be as high as double the special rate) to those who try to book the week of or walk in off the street. Making advance reservations is strongly recommended.
- $50 per adult for the picnic and after-party;
$2 extra fee per adult for payment by credit card online.
- $20 per child from ages 4-12 for the picnic;
$1 extra fee per child for payment by credit card online.
- No charge for children 3 and under
- $41 per person for optional Gordon Biersch dinner and two hours of unlimited beverages
Please pay by August 31 for the full day event, and by September 4 for the optional dinner.
- Download check payment form
- Full day event, Micrsoft Word format
- Full day event, Adobe Acrobat form
- Optional Dinner, Microsoft Word format
- Optional Dinner, Adobe Acrobat format
- Pay by credit card using PayPal (Full day event only)
If you have any questions, please contact Rick Upton:
work (408) 352-4269, cell (408) 655-5302, email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Whether or not you can attend the upcoming reunion, you're invited to join fellow alumni on two online services to stay in touch so that you can catch up with your classmates and make sure you're in the loop for this reunion and the next reunions.
- First, please join the new Del Mar High School Class of 1987 (DMHS87) Yahoo! Group to connect with your classmates. This group enables us to easily communicate with each other and share information for free. Of course, the conversation is currently focused on getting ready for the reunion.
- Next, join classmates.com. No payment is required for a classmates.com basic membership. The basic membership enables you to receive messages, read bulletin boards, and view fellow classmates' profiles.
Questions? Please contact Rick Upton at rickupton*AT*yahoo.com (replacing *AT* with the @ symbol).